You are currently browsing the monthly archive for November 2011.
I can’t believe another week has gone by already! I don’t normally have weekends off and I’ve forgotten how fast they go by. It was definitely nice to spend the weekend with Andrew and cross tons of stuff of our to-do list. We just found out today that our nursery has to be re-drywalled and insulated. Yessssss. Ah, better now than later right? And now the baby won’t freeze when s/he goes to bed
This is the second week that we have meal planned and it feels so good to be organized. I swear being pregnant is so boss for getting things done. I woke up at 6:30 am this morning and started cleaning. And then had a nap. Wiin.
Back to the meal plan….wanna see what’s on the agenda for this week?
—>Fresh fish, grilled veggies + brown rice
—>Veggie burgers + french onion soup
—>Quinoa lasagna (for the hundredth time)
Tonight we made the stuffed shells and because we ran out of shells I had to improvise and use lasagna noodles. Bomb. And tons of leftovers.
before being baked and topped with cheese
I know it looks like I’m feeding a family of 5 but I need lunches for the rest of the week, too!
2 rolls with a simple salad with baby tomatoes, crushed walnuts and raspberry vinaigrette
We also meal planned successfully last week buuut I forgot to take photos. As you can tell by the photo above, the sun goes down way before it’s time to eat which = ugly photos. And when I get home from work at 7 pm I am too hungry to paparazzi my plate
I did manage to snag a couple randoms though. This is a food blog after all, yeah?
mung bean pasta (so obsessed) with homemade bean + pepper sauce with goat cheddar
Side note: I bought the mung bean pasta this summer while in NC and it immediately went on my shit list when I got home. I couldn’t eat aaanything I bought in the US (I think because of my morning sickness?) so the mung bean pasta, many squeeze packs of Justin’s almond butter, Trader Joes chocolate bars all sat in the cupboard unopened for months.
refried beans cooking
refried bean tortilla with fried red pepper, lettuce, tomato and avocado + side of Alexia wedges
leftover mung bean pasta, feta stuffed peppers, roasted beets, veggie burger onto of mixed greens
2 veggie sausages, 2 pieces of toast with goat cheese, avocado and a fried egg
I’m so happy that you guys were so receptive about the baby posts. Definitely makes my heart happy because it’s kind of a big deal going on in my life right now
Random musings of being 25 weeks pregnant:
- Andrew felt the baby kick. Just a little one but he was very excited <3
- I forget everything. In the middle of telling a story I am completely lost. It’s taken me 3 hours to type this post! My brain in gone.
- Rolling in bed is quite the task now. It’s hard to explain but if you strap a ball to your middle and try to sleep with it you’ll understand.
- Nightmares are getting scarier and more real.
- I have acquired an i-don’t-give-an-eff attitude. With everything. It’s probably going to get me in trouble one of these days lol
- Celery and Tim Tams are my new favorite foods. Not together, obviously.
- I think I’m getting that line on my belly, the linea nigra. It’s really faint but it’s there. And so is the furry belly…
- My back is sore every night. I put a wheat bag that my mom made in the microwave and then on my back and it makes everything soo much better.
- As whiney as this sounds, I wouldn’t change it for anything. As soon as s/he kicks I forget all of the rest of it.
- Etsy will be the death of me. Or my paypal account. Speaking of, look what came last week! And no, we don’t know what sex the baby is, I just thought this would be cute for a boy or girl.
Okay time to shower, grease the belly <—-TMI?? and get some sleep!
Do you meal plan? If you do, do you stick to your plan or do you change it according to how you feel that day?
If you don’t, teach me your secret of not spending $1,000,000 a week on groceries please
Okaaaaaay. This post has been in the works for like uh, 2 months?? Procrastination station over here.
I knew I missed blogging when I started updating my facebook status with the food I was eating
So I’m back! I think anyways. I’ve know I’ve sure said that before!
First of all, thank you soo much for all your congrats on the baby. It really means a lot to me! And I can’t believe that I am going to be 6 months tomorrow! So crazy but soo exciting
5 1/2 months
I know most people have a story about how they planned their pregnancy with their spouse, tried a bunch of times, or something of that nature but that is not my scoop at all. Andrew and I had just started talking about marriage when I took that pregnancy test. When it came back positive we both kind of laughed awkwardly…..and then I burst into tears. I think I cried that whole day. I called my mom to tell her the news and she said “You can cry today. But tomorrow be happy, you’re going to be a mom”. She’s kind of a smart lady
Anyways, I had never really read anything about pregnancy/babies before and started to feel reeeeeally overwhelmed. The biggest being money. We had been trying to get a renter in our basement suite for a month or two and nothing was working out (huge headache, LOTS of weirdos) and even though we bought our house completely renovated we still had/have an entire nursery to furnish! I had no idea how expensive baby stuff could be until I started doing some online window shopping. NUUUUUTS. We have rented out our basement suite now and it’s definitely been a huge relief.
So I thought I’d write down a few things that I have learned being pregnant so far. I know this won’t interest everyone but I swear I wish someone would have told me all the crazy things to expect <—for me anyways.
- morning sickness is real. Like beyond real. From weeks 7-11 I pretty much spent the entire time on the couch. Minus a week I spent in Charlotte, NC. I spent that week laying in bed until noon and then eating soda crackers and water trying not to throw up while shopping with my mom and aunt. THANK GOD I was on holidays from work.
- you won’t care where you throw up or who sees you throwing up. I puked on the plane in Minneapolis and then again in Charlotte. And then in the car at Andrew’s nephew’s baptism. Oh and many bathrooms. TMI? It’s like having the flu for a month. Or maybe even food poisoning. Uuuughh.
- food aversions are also very real. Included on my shit list was peanut butter, chocolate, COCONUT, eggs, any kind of veggie, salads, basically anything with nutritional value or green in color. The only thing I wanted to eat was bagels with cream cheese, pasta, alphaghetti (cans and cans), takeout anything, broccoli and cheese rice, SOUP, cheezies, gummy worms and pickles. Uncontrollable.
- totally forgetting what it’s like to work out. I had an energy level of about a 2 out of 10. Naps were mandatory, even after spending the day doing nothing.
- being completely batshit crazy. I needed to make Andrew about 100 of these:
Not joking at all either. I probably should of made a few for my family as well.
- awkward fat 4 months. My clothes stopped fitting and maternity clothes looked awful. I felt like I woke up one day and had gained 10 lbs. In my stomach. Lululemon has been amazing.
- big boobs. Woke up with those, too. It’s like dressing a shelf. Definitely love/hate.
Second Trimester (so far at 24 weeks)
- feeling normal again! Yaaay!! Work has been a trillion times easier but I did modify my night shifts – I still work 7am – 7pm for two days and then 7pm – 4am for two nights. So so glad my job is accommodating.
- a real pregnant belly! Oh yes…clothes look cute again! And thankfully Andrew’s sister-in-law has lent me ton of maternity clothes so I didn’t have to go out and spend a fortune on new clothes!
- really starting to enjoy being pregnant. I am so much more comfortable with how I look now and it’s so cute how excited Andrew is getting. He also loves the belly
- still having crazy cravings. I woke up one morning and could not get shrimp or banana bread out of my head. Obviously not together but I definitely made both that day. BTW, mama peas banana bread (subbing greek yog for Earth Balance) is so bomb. I think I ate half the loaf the first night. And it freezes really well, too.
- nightmares. Terrifying nightmares. All the time. And when I fall back asleep I fall right back into them. Needless to say, I haven’t been getting very much sleep. BUT I did dream about melty chocolate chips cookies the other night
- acneeeeee. I look like I’m going through puberty again. No cute prego glow here. I never had perfect skin before but now it’s hormonal and random. Arms? Back? Face? Sure.
- feeling the baby kick. best feeling ever. Same with hearing the heartbeat. <3
I obviously don’t have too many pictures (I finally took my camera out this week….) so I only have a couple food photos!
mixed greens with marinated tofu and mushrooms, bean salad, pasta salad and crumbled goat cheese
pumpkin bread pudding pancakes with lots of maple syrup and butter
chickpea flour pancake, 2 eggs, avocado, salsa and white cheddar (my breakfast 6 out of 7 days, plus or minus some greens or veggie sausages)
Fresh strawberries with greek yogurt and lots of chia seeds
cupcakes! mini chocolate with rose buttercream
hot chocolate almond milk with marshmallows
If you made it through this wordy post – congratulations! I have been having a really hard time trying to figure out what to do with my blog. I don’t know if I should just keep it as it is and keep the baby posts with the regular posts or to make a separate section so you don’t have to read about my pregnancy if you don’t want to. Any ideas?
I still have a million things to tell you (it has been three months since I blogged!!) but I don’t want to put you to sleep
Talk to you soon!