I can’t believe another week has gone by already! I don’t normally have weekends off and I’ve forgotten how fast they go by. It was definitely nice to spend the weekend with Andrew and cross tons of stuff of our to-do list. We just found out today that our nursery has to be re-drywalled and insulated. Yessssss. Ah, better now than later right? And now the baby won’t freeze when s/he goes to bed
This is the second week that we have meal planned and it feels so good to be organized. I swear being pregnant is so boss for getting things done. I woke up at 6:30 am this morning and started cleaning. And then had a nap. Wiin.
Back to the meal plan….wanna see what’s on the agenda for this week?
—>Fresh fish, grilled veggies + brown rice
—>Veggie burgers + french onion soup
—>Quinoa lasagna (for the hundredth time)
Tonight we made the stuffed shells and because we ran out of shells I had to improvise and use lasagna noodles. Bomb. And tons of leftovers.
before being baked and topped with cheese
I know it looks like I’m feeding a family of 5 but I need lunches for the rest of the week, too!
2 rolls with a simple salad with baby tomatoes, crushed walnuts and raspberry vinaigrette
We also meal planned successfully last week buuut I forgot to take photos. As you can tell by the photo above, the sun goes down way before it’s time to eat which = ugly photos. And when I get home from work at 7 pm I am too hungry to paparazzi my plate
I did manage to snag a couple randoms though. This is a food blog after all, yeah?
mung bean pasta (so obsessed) with homemade bean + pepper sauce with goat cheddar
Side note: I bought the mung bean pasta this summer while in NC and it immediately went on my shit list when I got home. I couldn’t eat aaanything I bought in the US (I think because of my morning sickness?) so the mung bean pasta, many squeeze packs of Justin’s almond butter, Trader Joes chocolate bars all sat in the cupboard unopened for months.
refried beans cooking
refried bean tortilla with fried red pepper, lettuce, tomato and avocado + side of Alexia wedges
leftover mung bean pasta, feta stuffed peppers, roasted beets, veggie burger onto of mixed greens
2 veggie sausages, 2 pieces of toast with goat cheese, avocado and a fried egg
I’m so happy that you guys were so receptive about the baby posts. Definitely makes my heart happy because it’s kind of a big deal going on in my life right now :D
Random musings of being 25 weeks pregnant:
- Andrew felt the baby kick. Just a little one but he was very excited <3
- I forget everything. In the middle of telling a story I am completely lost. It’s taken me 3 hours to type this post! My brain in gone.
- Rolling in bed is quite the task now. It’s hard to explain but if you strap a ball to your middle and try to sleep with it you’ll understand.
- Nightmares are getting scarier and more real.
- I have acquired an i-don’t-give-an-eff attitude. With everything. It’s probably going to get me in trouble one of these days lol
- Celery and Tim Tams are my new favorite foods. Not together, obviously.
- I think I’m getting that line on my belly, the linea nigra. It’s really faint but it’s there. And so is the furry belly…
- My back is sore every night. I put a wheat bag that my mom made in the microwave and then on my back and it makes everything soo much better.
- As whiney as this sounds, I wouldn’t change it for anything. As soon as s/he kicks I forget all of the rest of it.
- Etsy will be the death of me. Or my paypal account. Speaking of, look what came last week! And no, we don’t know what sex the baby is, I just thought this would be cute for a boy or girl.
Okay time to shower, grease the belly <—-TMI?? and get some sleep!
Do you meal plan? If you do, do you stick to your plan or do you change it according to how you feel that day?
If you don’t, teach me your secret of not spending $1,000,000 a week on groceries please